Friday, April 8, 2016

The Liebster Award


(Okay, I was suppose to post this yesterday but thanks to crummy internet service, it's being posted now.)

Wendell of Dell on Movies has given me this award, and I thank him for that. Right, let's get this over with.

The rules are as followed:
  1. Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
  2. Nominate other bloggers (up to 11) and give them 11 questions to answer.
(There's also a rule to tell the readers eleven things about yourself but I'm skipping that one for now.)

1. Name an actor or actress whose films you will always see, no matter what. Tell us why? Usually it depends on which actor I'm mildly obsessing over at the moment. (More often than not, this applies to actors from the British Isles and TV shows come into play more.) But overall, I suppose this applies to the recently departed Philip Seymour Hoffman. He easily stole every scene he was in.

2. Name an actor or actress whose films you try not to see, no matter what. Tell us why? James Franco. He was good in Milk but overall, I try to avoid his incredibly punchable face.

3. What movie would you like to see get a sequel that never got one? Galaxy Quest. Not sure if it would work as well without Alan Rickman...

4. Where is your ideal seat in a movie theater? Somewhere in the back row, an aisle seat preferably.

5. Other than in a theater, how do you watch most movies? (Redbox, Netflix, online, Blu-Rays/DVDs you own, etc.) Depends. Sometimes Netflix, sometimes movies I borrow from the local library. But most of the time it's stuff I have on my DVR.

6. Name a movie you love from a genre you hate. Well, it's more along the lines of "genre I don’t regularly watch", but Rio Bravo.

7. Name a movie you hate from a genre you love. Friggin' Crash, man. AMPAS has to do a hell of a lot to make up for that.

8. What classic era director (1960s or earlier) would've made a great superhero movie? Why? Maybe it wouldn't be a great movie but with Buster Keaton at the helm, it would certainly be daring as all hell. Have you seen the stunts he did for his films? They could've killed him easily had he not taken the necessary precautions. Just imagine if he had someone else doing those stunts.

9. What currently working director would've made a great classic era noir? Why? Todd Haynes. If Far from Heaven and Carol are anything to go by (as well as the HBO mini-series adaptation of Mildred Pierce), the man knows how to capture an era that has long since passed.

10. What famous person would you like to see get a biopic that hasn't had one? I know he only passed away a few years ago but a biopic of Peter O'Toole would be gold. (Also it would be an almost cruel irony if whomever played him got an Oscar for their work.)

11. You're going to spend the rest of your life all alone on a deserted island. You're allowed to bring only three movies with you. What are they and why? Singin' in the Rain (because it's an absolute delight), On the Waterfront (because the acting's great in it), and The Godfather Part II (just for something to pass a lot of time).

So whom am I giving this award to?
  1. Movies Silently
  2. In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood
  3. Cinematic Corner
  4. The Wonderful World of Cinema
  5. Flix Chatter
  6. Now Voyaging
  7. Rambling Film
  8. Define Dancing
  9. Silver Screenings
  10. Hitchcock's World
  11. Wolffian Classic Movies Digest
And onto the questions!
  1. Favorite decade for movies?
  2. Movie you always recommend to others?
  3. Current celebrity crush?
  4. What’s that one movie that's very nearly perfect in your eyes?
  5. Do you read the book before seeing its adaptation?
  6. Favorite movie from your birth year?
  7. At the theater, on TV or on DVD?
  8. What's the most number of movies you’ve seen in a single day?
  9. Last movie you saw?
  10. How many DVDs do you own?
  11. You go back in time to have a little *ahem* "fun" with a celebrity of your choosing. Who is it?
Okay, I'm done now. Now shoo. I have other things to tend to.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for accepting and passing on. Love the answers. Especially glad to see I'm not the only one who really isn't a fan of James Franco. I have liked him in a few things, but not many. Galaxy Quest is a great choice. I had a ball watching that. Love the Buster Keaton pick, too. His stunts are just ridiculous, in a good way.

    If you don't mind, I'd like to cherry-pick a few of your questions to answer myself:

    1. 1970s is probably the best, but most of the movies of my youth are from the 80s so that's probably my favorite.

    7. At the theater, when I can, but mostly DVD. Almost never just TV (unless Netflix counts).

    8. I once saw five movies in a day.

    9. Chi-Raq. Still wrapping my head around it.

    10. Approximately 800. Can't decide if that's a great or sad thing.

    11. 1970s Pam Grier. No question.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your answers to the question! It was very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.