Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ball of Fire

I've always liked movies from the 1940's. A number of actors I like had some of their more famous movies released during that decade. That, and several movies I like were from then.

I've always liked Barbara Stanwyck, especially since I saw her in Double Indemnity. She's just a personality that stands out from the rest. And in Ball of Fire, she's a force to be reckon with. There's no denying that she's a scene stealer.

Now with Gary Cooper, I'm not as certain with him. After all, I only saw him in High Noon. But I did like him in Ball of Fire. He seems right for the role of an intelligent but hopelessly square professor, but there's something that feels...off.

Man, this was entertaining. I mean, can you really go wrong with a Howard Hawks movie written by Billy Wilder? I don't think you can at all.

My Rating: *****

1 comment:

  1. "Can you really go wrong with a Howard Hawks movie written by Billy Wilder?" I totally agree with you - no you can't!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.