Monday, January 10, 2011

White Heat

I think I'm going to be on a James Cagney kick for a while. Well, what do you expect from a gal who's a sucker for gangster flicks?

Cody Jarrett (Cagney) is a criminal who goes by his own twisted rules. After landing in prison, the police use Vic Pardo (Edmond O'Brien) as a means to find out the location of the money Jarrett and his gang stole from a train.

In The Public Enemy, Cagney is someone who's intimidating; in White Heat, he's someone who is downright sinister. His freak out in prison honestly freaked me out (as well as most of the extras in that scene). Much like what I said for The Public Enemy, White Heat is a fitting introduction to early gangster movies.

My Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.