Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Picture of Dorian Gray

Now and then, if you know the lifestyle of some authors it becomes evident in their writing.

Dorian Gray is a handsome and dashing yet vain and morally corrupt man in late-19th century England. A recent portrait of him has extended his vanity, but he notices something odd about the painting...

Man, Dorian's a pompous jerk. Even his charm didn't win me over, I'll admit it. But apart from that, I liked The Picture of Dorian Gray. It took a while for the book to become interesting, but once it did I was hooked. Honest to God, The Picture of Dorian Gray creeped me out to no end.

My Rating: ****

1 comment:

  1. It's an excellent book...Oscar Wilde was god. I thought it was quite fantastic since the first page.
    The films haven't done it much justice though, especially the new one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.