Wednesday, October 20, 2010

28 Days Later

Zombies or vampires: which one is cooler? Had Stephenie Meyer not made them lame, I so would've gone with vampires. But after seeing 28 Days Later, I'm going with zombies.

Upon waking from a coma, Jim (Cillian Murphy) discovers that London is completely deserted. He is told by Selena (Naomie Harris) that a virus has spread throughout England and almost everyone has been infected. They are joined by Frank (Brendan Gleeson) and Hannah (Megan Burns) to find sanctuary from the infected.

Eat your heart out, Romero (no pun intended). You got competition. Actually, 28 Days Later is like a Romero movie on steroids. The only other Danny Boyle I've seen was Trainspotting, so I knew how intense he could get with his directing. It is, by far, the most kick-ass movie I have seen.

My Rating: ****1/2

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed it. I hope the rumors of a third movie come true! Well only if Boyle is directing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite horror films of all-time, mainly because it works on creating a world ravaged by death, and zombies, that actually feels real.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.