Monday, May 31, 2010

In Bruges

It's weird once you think of it. I have sat through six gangster movies without flinching. Then I see In Bruges, which made me want to throw up afterwards because of its glorification of violence.
Harry Waters (Ralph Fiennes), a London thug, sends Irish hitmen Ken (Brendan Gleeson) and Ray (Colin Farrell) to lie low in Bruges after a hit goes awry in a London church. While Ken enjoys the historic city, Ray feels completely bored and misses his home. Harry calls with irrevocable instructions for Ken.

I can honestly say one thing about In Bruges: NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. So nasty. But it was a good movie apart from that. It felt weird for me to hear Fiennes to drop the f-bomb like he's Joe Pesci or something. And he usually portrays calm and collected characters, so that's what made it odd. Farrell and Gleeson had some good moments together, though I liked Farrell a tad more (for obvious reasons).

My Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.