Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chaplin

I'll admit it: I'm a fan of Robert Downey, Jr.. I mean, what's not to like about him (apart from the whole drug addiction thing)? Anyway, onto the review.

An aging Charlie Chaplin (Downey) tells biographer George Hayden (Anthony Hopkins) his life story. From his childhood in England to his rise to fame to his his numerous relationships, there's more to Charlie Chaplin than you first expect.

The only complaint I have about this is the length. Come on, 144 minutes? But since it's from the same director of Gandhi, I'll let it slide. Downey's performance was so convincing, I had to keep reminding myself that he wasn't Charlie Chaplin.

My Rating: ****1/2

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoyed this, but it's been so long since I've watched it. Then again I love watching Chaplin perform, hilarious and yet so dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still need to see this film. i'm sure he was brilliant in it

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.